Hairprint is a brilliant scientific breakthrough that restores grey hair to its true colour. It replenishes the natural pigment (eumelanin) found in brown and black hair that has turned grey. Hairprint is also a true protein treatment that will add body, strength, texture, and sheen while reducing frizz, and discolouration.
Our simple, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and odour-free formula produces colour so natural, it defies detection. This patented treatment can be applied at home in about 75-90 minutes.
1. Hairprint Colour Restorer works for naturally black, brown, and light brown hair only. We do not have a formula for naturally blonde or red hair.
2. To determine what colour to order or if you need two kits for your first application, see the FAQ’s
3. If you have used hair dyes, relaxers, perms/waves, dyes, blowouts, or keratin treatments, please read our Transition Tips Tab before ordering. You will need to take special steps protect the processed hair and avoid having your hair go too dark.
TO ENSURE OPTIMAL OUTCOME:
Hairprint works when it has unobstructed access to the hair. We highly recommend using a Clarifying Shampoo or Chelating Shampoo on the day of application to remove any possible residue or buildup. If you have hard water or well-water or suspect you might, we recommend our Chelating Shampoo instead of the Clarifying.
The Chelating Shampoo will act as a clarifying shampoo but will also remove calcification, lime, iron and other minerals that adhere to the cuticle. Most commercial and quite a few “natural” hair care products contain quaternary ammonium compounds (quats), proteins or silicones, and some shampoos contain soap that can leave a residual build up on the hair. We created a complete line of shampoos and conditioners to remove the buildup and gunk and ensure healthy, soft, clean hair and optimal results from Hairprint.
What are quats? These are bromine or chlorine salts of ammonia that act as anti-static agents, disinfectants 1. and algaecides. Many natural hair care justify quats because they may are made from rapeseed or turnip oil. Quats can defrizz the hair and make it feel softer. However, it is the MSG of hair care: addictive and unnecessary. Quats are toxic to the fish that end up swimming in them when you wash it down the drain. What something is made from does not matter. What it ends up as does matter. Quats coat the hair and gum up the scalp. They include cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, and guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride. Healthy hair does not need synthetics. What is toxic to fish is not good for you. Avoid them.
Here is the list of Hairprint’s food-grade ingredients:
1. Aqua (purified and deionized water).
2. Bicarbonate of soda is what we use at home for baking and cleaning.
3. Mucuna puriens extract is made from velvet beans.
4. Sodium carbonate is made from salt and limestone.
5. Ferrous and manganese gluconate are both food supplements used in multi-vitamins.
6. Hydrogen peroxide is made of oxygen and water and naturally occurs in the hair follicle.*
7. Diatomaceous earth is a naturally occurring sedimentary rock made from ancient deposits of hard-shelled algae.
8. Carbomer is an inert thickener used in shampoos and pharmaceutical products.
Pretreatment Ingredients: Aqua, lauryl glucosides, sodium cocoamphoacetate, sodium carbonate, sodium citrate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, phenethyl alcohol.
*The concentrations of hydrogen peroxide we use are between 1% and 1.5%, a fraction of what one gets in drugstore peroxide. In conventional hair dyes, peroxide is used to break open the hair, and can be up to a 12-15% concentration. When Hairprint is applied to your hair, the peroxide is gone in two minutes.